Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Sangria

It's too hot. 
I hate it and my life is miserable. 
Or at least my sweat glands are. 
(ewww) 

How are you? 
I'm going to assume hot and miserable too.
There's only one cure...
Sangria!

Normally I pack my Sangria full of all sorts of stuff.
But it's too hot and I don't have the time. 
And really, who does?

So I pulled out what I had and mixed it up. 

Pull it out.

1 cup of Rum
(or 3/4 cup)
Splash of Triple Sec 
1/2 cup of Sugar (or splenda)
Frozen Fruit
1 bottle of wine
1 cup of orange juice
Sprite Zero
Ice

Mix it up.

If you soak the fruit in Rum, Triple Sec, and sugar overnight (or as long as you can) it's super de-lish! 
Then I add the wine and o.j. and let it all chill together.
Right before I serve it I add the ice and Sprite. 

Even white boy's got to shout.
Beat the heat and stay popular. 
With this drink, it's guaranteed.

1 comment: