Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

See you on the playground, Jonathon.

I met this kid on the playground once. Some other little boy was being mean to me and Jonathon came to my rescue with some Spanish sass.

There are memories of Jonathan sprinkled throughout my childhood. Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, co-op, hanging with my brothers, arm wrestling, and  rollerblading through Post Falls with Clara and his sisters. And then there was the time he bleached his hair- which made him visible from a mile a way at Silverwood. 

This morning Jonathan Matthew Franco died. Headed to Canada on his motorcycle to enjoy the last day of summer, or so his facebook page said.

Tonight while we mourn for our loss, Jonny is with the glorious Son. His summer didn't end, it's just begun.


Son, brother, friend, playground hero. He'll be missed, but if there's a playground in heaven then I think I know a few people who will want him to save them a spot. I'll see you there, Jonathan. 




In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post. if you don't mind, I am reposting this on Jonathan's facebook page for his other friends to read. and thanks. :) he was an amazing person who went home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post e. and sounds like he was an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful post elz... praying for jonathan's family and friends. love you lots!

    ReplyDelete