Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks Giving 2011

....Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving....

I've been overwhelmed by the many blessings in my life this week....
my amazing family, sweet friends, and silly memories of the people I love, along with God's provisions have my heart overflowing. 

My parents next door neighbor is in the hospital right now and every time I think of him, a thousand memories from my childhood come rushing into my heart. As I pray for his healing, I count the blessing of his friendship.

Boomer and I met when I was about seven years old. My family had just moved into the neighborhood and I wanted to meet the cop that lived next door. So I went with my pestering questions  and introduced myself and we've been friends ever since. 

He showed up to my Church plays, my brothers baseball games, and let us drink soda pop on his couch when we locked ourselves out of our house while our parents were out for dinner.
(Which was my fault, we went to check out the possible burglar situation and I locked the door behind us.)

As far as adopted family members go, Boomer has always been the greatest. He's put up with a lot from me- he even let me paint his toes pink once. That's a good neighbor. When I was in the fourth grade and made him a card for Thanksgiving he sent me a card back. And this (twenty)seven year old little girl is so thankful for the Grandpa-ish friend I found that day in his driveway.

Get better soon, Boomer. 
I'll be home to listen to some jazz music with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment