Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

C is for Cookie...


...and that's good enough for me.
Bless my heart, sometimes a girl just needs to bake some cookies. 
I used my handy dandy all recipe app last night and put in "healthy cookies" to see what I could find that would taste good on my lips, but not stay permanently on my hips.  
I found a great recipe, made a few modifications and thought I'd share it with ya'll. 

'cause sometimes you want to get your Paula Dean on without getting your diabetes on. 


1. Preheat oven to 350.  
 2. mix 3/4 cup (softened) land o' lakes spreadable butter with canola oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar until purty
3. mix in 6 egg whites

 4. mix in 2 teaspoons vanilla 
5. mix in 4 lil' to-go cups of applesauce (or however much you feel like dumping in)

6. in another bowl combine 3 cups whole wheat flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt. mix it all up with a fork so it smells nice.

7. slowly dump/mix in your dry ingredients (all the stuff from #6)
8. mix in 1 small bag chopped pecans, 6ish cups of dry oatmeal, 1 bag of peanut butter chips, 1 bag of chocolate chips.


9. bake for about 15-17 minutes. ish.
10. share with friends







1 comment: